Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I've been a Christian for 35 of my 39 years"

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.
~ Jesus
Matthew 7:21

A professing ‘Christian’ brings his niece to kill & encourages the murder of an innocent baby.

The first people to arrive at the killing place this morning was Angela & her Uncle Peter. Leah & I walked up to the vehicle where Peter & his niece were parked. They had arrived early & had put their seats back & were waiting for the clinic doors to open. I startled Angela, who was sleeping in the front passenger seat.

Patte: “I’m sorry that I frightened you. My name is Patte. Here is a special packet of material for you.” I handed Angela the packet. “What is the biggest reason why you feel like you just do not want to have this baby?”

Angela: “It’s not a good time.”

Patte: “God tells us that God know us even before He forms us in the womb. God’s timing is always perfect.”

Peter: “We are aware.”

Patte: “God gave us a conscience, which tells us right from wrong …”

Peter interrupted: “He also gave us a free will. I’ve been a Christian for 35 years of my 39 years of life. So I completely understand. This is my 18 year old niece. We completely understand and we really appreciate what you’re trying to do. Angela is not prepared. We’ve had this discussion with tour family for some time now.”

I spoke directly to Angela: “It’s wonderful to have family, but honey, this is about God & you. We’re here to help you obey the commandment of God. He says “You shall not murder’. Murder is a very serious sin. We would like to offer to help you through this pregnancy, with God’s help & provision. You see, God is in charge of everything. This pregnancy is God’s doing. Even if you are in rebellion, your baby is a gift from the Lord. I take it that you had sex outside marriage?”

Angela: “Yes.”

Patte: “Sexual sin is very serious as well. God has made a prophecy & his prophecy is always true. There are a lot of false prophets out there, but God’s prophecies are always true. He says: “No sexually immoral person has any inheritance in the kingdom of heaven. (Eph 5:5) All murderers have their place in the lake which burns with fire & brimstone.(Rev 21:8) ”

Peter: “Where is that in the Bible? I think I remember that God also forgives. ”

Patte: “Sir, have you ever read Hebrews 10:26? “If we sin willfully, after receiving knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for our sins, just a certain, fearful expectation of judgment.”

Peter: “I don’t mean to be rude …We have discussed this with her …”

Patte: “But this is between her & God, sir. This is HER baby.”

Angela: “But this is what I WANT.”


Peter: “Maam, I understand. We have had these discussions with her.”

Patte: “But this her own BABY. This is not just a decision or a discussion. Angela, did you know that your baby’s heart began to beat between 18-21 days gestation?”

Peter: “That is not medically proven.”

Patte: “Yes it is, sir.”

Peter: “No, it’s not.”

Patte: “Why are you arguing FOR sin, sir?”

Peter: “I am not arguing for sin, it’s just that we have had these discussions with her & this is the decision she has made.”

Patte: “God sent us here to speak the truth with Angela.”

Peter: “At this point you are making it that much more difficult for her.”

Patte: “If someone was going to rape Angela & the rapist had discussions with his family about raping Angela before he did it, would that make it okay for him to rape her? Having discussions doesn’t justify sin.”

Peter: “Well, what if she were raped, would it be okay for her to keep the baby?”

Patte: “Do you realize that you are really trying to suppress the knowledge of the truth, sir?

Peter: “No, I’m not. I’m not.”

Patte: “If someone was threatening to harm her, wouldn’t you do everything in your power to protect her?”

Peter: “I don’t mean to bring animosity to this conversation, but we’ve had these discussions at length with her.”

Patte: “But you are bringing animosity. You are attacking that baby. That child is a person created in the image & likeness of God.”

Peter: “We have already had this discussion with her.”

Patte: “There is no discussion. The matter is settled. God says “You shall not murder”.

Peter: “We’ve had this conversation with her.”

Patte: “You are encouraging her to SIN.”

Peter: “No, I’m not.”

Patte: “Yes.Yes you are, sir. You probably don’t see that.”

Peter: “I probably don’t.”

Patter: “That baby is a real person. She is depending upon you & her mommy. Angela, I know that this is hard, especially if you feel like you would be a burden to your family if you were to continue your pregnancy.”

Peter: “That is so not the case. You have overstepped your boundary.”

Patte: “Sir, you have overstepped YOUR boundary.”

Peter: “How is that?”

Patte: “That is a baby that she is carrying.”

Peter: “I’d like you to walk away from my personal vehicle.”

Patte: “Angela, this is a matter of life & death. You need to love & protect your baby. Cry out to God. Let us help you through this pregnancy. You can choose a loving adoptive home for your baby. Listen to the voice of God”

Peter: “Patte, how do we know that you are a real prophet?

Patte: “I’m just telling you to listen to the 6th commandment, sir.”

Peter: “Please walk away from my vehicle. I am requesting, please walk away.”

Patte: “No. Because the baby here not have a voice. Because it’s an act of violence that you are planning to do against that poor baby. I can’t do that. I cannot walk away. Love doesn’t walk away.”

Peter: “Please respect me. Please walk away, respectfully.”

Patte: “I cannot do that. I cannot respect someone who would attack a baby and you are acting like a Christian. It’s SO wicked.”

Peter: “What we are doing is LEGAL.”

Patte: “It’s so hypocritical, sir. You say ‘I have been a Christian for 35 years of my life.’

Peter: “What we are doing is LEGAL.”

Patte: “Jesus said ‘If you love Me, obey My commandments.’ The Bible says: ‘He who sins is of the devil.”

Peter: “I am trying to be respectful.”

Patte: “And you are leading your niece to believe that murdering is acceptable. That this is the way Christians live. That is a LIE from the pit of hell.”

I turned to Angela: “Angela, by the grace & provision of God we promise, we make a pledge, to help you through this pregnancy. Your baby is God’s gift. She is not disposable.

Leah said: “We have a friend named Lara who came here & she left after we spoke to her. We just had dinner with Lara on Thursday. She is 15 weeks pregnant now. Lara is looking into adoption, into choosing a Christian family. She is looking into repenting of sin for her own life. Lara does not regret carrying her baby now. Just because abortion is legal, does not mean that it is right. Murder is never okay. Just because we can’t see this child & this child cannot speak up for herself, doesn’t mean that she is not a real person. God sees every secret thing. You will have to face Him with this sin on judgment day if you go through with this. And, sir, what is worst of all is that you have tried to put Christian morals & values on that.”

Peter: “No, we did not. We did not.”

Leah: “You said ‘I’ve been a Christian for 35 years. This is legal.’”

Peter: “I am not trying to put Christianity over this. What I am trying to say is that, this is her decision, what more can I do? What can I do? What can I do?”

Patte: “As a Christian you can rescue the baby, just like the Good Samaritan rescued the man who was robbed & beaten & left for dead on the road to Jericho.”

Peter: “If I say ‘No’, this is her decision, what am I supposed to do?”

Leah: “What you can do is you can drive away. You cannot be here for her. Romans 1:32 states it’s not only the person who commits the sin but the person who approves of the sin that is guilty. If someone doesn’t speak out against abortion they approve of abortion. You may not want her to be here, but the fact that you drove her here shows approval. You can say ‘No, I am not going to take you. If you do this you have to realize that you are murdering your child. You are breaking God’s law. I am a Christian. I stand by God’s Law. And I am not going to help you kill your baby.”

Peter: “We appreciate your conversation. It is taken under advisement. It really is. Thank you. Thank you. We are DONE.”

Patte: “You are not the one having the abortion, sir. Angela is the only one who can sign on the dotted line.”

Peter: “That is enough. We are done.”

Patte: “This is God’s Word. God’s Law. You are not to keep her from God & His Word.”

Peter: “This is MY car. I have asked you more than once to walk away. Religion & Christianity aside, I am asking you to walk away.”

Patte: “I can’t.”

Peter: “You see. Then I will have to call the police. I am asking you to stop talking.”

Patte: “You keep making this about YOU. It’s not all about YOU, sir. Angela is a different person than you. It is HER baby we are talking about. I want to talk to Angela for a moment. ”

Peter: “Would it help if Angela told you that she wants to do this?”

I turned to Angela.

Angela said: “I have made my decision.”

Patte: “Honey, I know you want to kill your baby. That’s your sin nature. We want what we want when we want it. Our nature is to sin. Our heart is wicked. That’s our desire. I understand. You feel like you don’t want to be a burden to people around you. People loved Leah & I enough to tell us the truth. They told us to cry out to God. He made you. He sustains you. He rules over you. He says ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.’ That is a wondrous thing & it’s not just KNOW, we have to TRUST Him. Your baby is innocent. God says: “Shed not innocent blood in this place”. When God tells us something, our duty is just to TRUST Him. Just take a deep breath & trust Him. Did you know that you can choose a wonderful family for your baby?” (I showed Angela a couple on the www.parentprofiles.com website & explained all about choosing a loving couple to be her baby’s parents. I pointed her to the Life for Kids brochure inside I also told Angela all about an experience with placing a child for adoption in my family.)

I asked about the baby’s father.

Patte: “How close are you to the baby’s father.”

Angela: “Not close”

Peter: “There lies the problem.”

Patte: “If he doesn’t want to participate in choosing adoptive parents, you can choose them yourself, honey. My sister didn’t have the participation of her baby’s father either. She personally chose a wonderful couple for her little boy. There are precious couples who want your baby. There is no such thing as an unwanted child, only unwanting adults. You can walk through the process of adoption, crying out to God. Day by day, crying out to Him. Won’t you let us help you through your pregnancy? I cannot say that I love you if I am not willing to help you. To come alongside you.” (I told Angela about the parable of the Good Samaritan.) “Jesus told me to love you & to love your baby. I cannot love your baby if she is dead.”

Angela was listening intently to every word.

Patte: “Please allow us the privilege of helping you through your pregnancy. God sees your circumstances. He is all-powerful. Nothing is too difficult for Him. We want to love you in the way that God has commanded us. We have to love you & your baby equally.”

I asked Angela if she lived in the Orlando area. She said; “No”. I told her that if she looked too far away we would try & find a loving circle of women to befriend her through her pregnancy.

Angela said that she wanted to start college. I told her that many moms feel very well & healthy through their pregnancy. I told her that pregnancy is not a disease. She can pursue her goals as she walks through her pregnancy. I explained to Angela that parenthood does require a tremendous amount of sacrifice. “It’s a labor of love. When you become a mother, God can give you a powerful love for your baby.”

Patte: “Angela, when you took your pregnancy test & it was positive, did you experience a sense of wonder & excitement?”

Angela: “Everybody does … This is my decision. I’ve had a long time to think about it. I’ve made up my mind.”

Patte: “If someone took a long time to decide to rape you or murder you, would that make it right? You know that abortion is wrong, don’t you?”

Angela: “It’s only wrong, depending on the situation.”

Patte: “God says: ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.’ Your baby is not a mistake. If this is an act of violence, Angela, it is never right. Your conscience tells you that it is wrong to shed innocent blood. Don’t suppress that knowledge of the truth, honey. You have to be a lioness for your baby. You have to protect her as lioness would protect her cubs. Turn to God. He is the faithful One.”

Angela started to get ready to get out of the car.

In the meantime Peter (the CHRISTIAN) had gotten out of the car & gone to get the police officer, Charles Mays, who is the security guard at the killing place. He brought Offr Mays over to me. I heard Peter’s voice behind me. “I think I have been more than respectful. I’ve asked you more than 3 times to to step away from my private vehicle & you have not. I have brought the police officer. Please do so.” Offr Mays said: “Patte, you heard him.”

I looked at Peter & said: “Shame on you. You should be ashamed of yourself.”

I told Angela: “You can still talk to me. You just have to step away from the car.” She walked into the killing place. Leah & I embrace & prayed for Angela. We didn’t see her again.

"Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?"
Luke 6:46

No comments: