Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Willing

Willing

June 9, 2014 at 8:01am
Lord,
I am willing
to receive what You give,
to lack what You withhold,
to relinquish what You take,
to suffer what You inflict,
to be what You require.
to become who You have planned.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,)
dwelleth no good thing...
For the flesh desires 
what is contrary to the Spirit, 
and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. 
They are in conflict with each other, 
so that you are not to do whatever you want...

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

We have all become 
like one who is unclean, 
and all our righteous deeds 
are like a polluted garment. 
We all fade like a leaf, 
and our iniquities, 
like the wind, 
take us away. 

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, 
murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, 
false witness, blasphemies..

For from within, out of the heart of men, 
proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, 
thefts, murders, adulteries, 
deeds of coveting and wickedness, 
as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, 
pride and foolishness. 
All these evil things proceed from within...


Roman 7:18
Galatians 5:17 
John 3:6
Isaiah 64:6
Matthew 15:19 
Mark 7:21-23 

There is no good thing in me 
but that God Himself 
has put there. 
No.
Good.
Thing.
Except that which is owing to Christ,
to the grace of God,
and the holy influence of the Spirit. 

Left to myself, 
I am Little Miss Much Afraid. 
I am an inglorious ruin. 

I believe. 
But, help my unbelief.

Wreck me for You, dear Lord Jesus.



No comments: