Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sanctuary Ministry Update, Oct 1, 2008


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

8:15-9:30am

Missionaries: Mary Jo, Amie, Myra, Allura



There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 14:12;16:25



A woman who has no fear of God, who is willful ...will as certainly ruin her family, as if she plucked her house down.

Here are grace and sin in their true colours. Those that despise God's precepts and promises, despise God and all His power and mercy.

... those that make light of sin, make light of Christ ...

Holy fear guards against every thing unholy.

~ Matthew Henry



Allura reporting:

Regina came back...



to kill her baby this a.m. She said she’d changed her mind about keeping her baby. Doris refused to bring her so she drove herself to OWC. This happens often, but each time it breaks my heart. Please pray that God will rescue this lost young woman, for His great glory alone.



Today being late abortion day, I saw many women walking in with pillows and water bottles. (It takes from 6-72 hours for these women to go through labor and then deliver their dead babies into the toilet -http://womenscenter.com/second_trimester.html) A very pregnant woman with a big belly wept quietly as her 2 friends kissed & hugged her, and then she walked inside the doors, refusing our offers of help. Another woman brought her 15 week pregnant friend, Roxanne, who wouldn’t listen to anything we had to say.



"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, ...

I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"

~ Jesus (Matthew 7:21-23)



TWO GRANDMOTHERS brought their granddaughters to kill their babies today. One of them has a sister who volunteers for a pro-life organization, so these women are familiar with the realities of abortion, but chose death over life anyway. 23 yr old Liz is a recovering drug addict with a felony, so she can’t get a job. She said there’s no way they could support this baby, who is the result of a one-night stand. I brought up adoption, but they both refused to even discuss it. Grandma said, “I’m a Christian. I believe God puts us here on this earth so that we can accept Christ as our Savior and live the best Christian life that we can. But everyone has to decide what is right for their life, and we’ve decided that this is the best choice.”

(... those that make light of sin, make light of Christ.)



The other grandmother seemed like a sweet little old lady sitting on the porch reading a magazine. (In the attached photo with Regina) But she was talking to Regina and showing her pictures of movie stars, laughing so this troubled young mom couldn’t hear my offers of help. I said it was sad to see someone of her generation trying to STOP a young woman from doing what is right because the Bible tells the older women to teach the younger women to do what is right. I said, “My own mother prays for me as I try to help young girls choose life for their babies.” (Thanks, Marmee!) and I added, “God’s plan is that we become wiser as we get older, but instead, you are acting like a fool, joking about what is evil in the sight of God.” She put her magazine down and turned to me and spat out angrily, “You don’t know anything! My g’daughter was raped! She’s a diabetic and she can’t have this baby. So just shut your mouth!” I tried to express my sympathy for her granddaughter and asked if she was in counseling, but she just screamed, “Shut up! Shut your mouth! Don’t say another word to me!” When her granddaughter (pink shirt in pic) came out, I tried to give her a brochure on rape, but both women continued to laugh & talk loudly. Finally I left knowing that our God is the only One who can rescue anyone; I’m just to be a willing vessel. But oh, how I long for That Day when “all hurt and pain will cease and we’ll be with Him forever.” www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQuUWJ-Ch4Q&feature=related



His Only by Grace,

Allura

No comments: