Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sanctuary Ministry Update, Sep 30th, 2008


Tiny human feet (10 weeks after conception)

Sanctuary Ministries Update
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Orlando Women's Center (OWC) abortion clinic
11:45-1pm
Missionaries: Allura, Ursula, Julia, Shirley Jo

Allura reporting:
When Regina told me she was 11 weeks pregnant, I said, “Oh wow! I have a picture of what your baby looks like right now! She has tiny fingernails & toes, & she can even suck her thumb! No new major organs will form after this point. She’ll just grow bigger and stronger!” Her sister, Doris’ eyes filled with tears as she began pleading with Regina to save her baby. It was a beautiful thing to watch God soften their hearts! Julia and I were joined today by Shirley Jo, as well as our Catholic sisters, Ursula and Myra. We all rejoiced in the rescue of Regina’s baby!! But it was hard to see so many women walk past us to kill their babies.



Two Haitian women arrived together: the aborting woman didn’t speak any English and kept hiding her face while her friend filled out the paperwork for her. I offered to put them on the phone with my sweet Creole-speaking friend, Valencia, but they declined.



Ursula and Myra and I talked to a woman who’d come for a free Pap (as a marketing ploy the clinic is now offering free pap smears as incentive for sexually active women to become familiar with them in hopes that they will abort their babies there & will refer their friends there to abort as well). The woman claimed to be a Christian, but said, “I think women should have the right to choose.” When we showed her a picture of an aborted baby, she said, “I can’t believe people do things like that!” She assured us that her 19 yr old daughter at home is “a saint” and would never get pregnant. She accepted a pink-covered Gospel for her daughter, but said she could never talk to her about the reality of abortion, because, “It would traumatize her!” L



The Hispanic girl sitting on her boyfriend’s lap said that she was also there for a Pap. Her boyfriend was disgusted that OWC is an abortion business and he accepted a pamphlet for “Shepherd’s Hope Clinics” (http://www.shepherdshope.org/story.php)

where low-income women can receive free basic medical care, including Paps. He said they wouldn’t be back at OWC.



A lady came to bring a friend for a free Pap. But she was so angry! She told us we didn’t have any right to tell the aborting moms what to do. She even said, “They don’t have to answer to you, only to God!” And we agreed with her! But we stated that we were there to warn those women of impending judgment because that’s what the Bible tells us to do. She made fun of us, yelling loudly when I tried to talk. As we were leaving, I made one final plea, but the angry woman began yelling again and no one could hear me so I turned to leave. The Hispanic guy called out to me, “Hey, Lady! You’re doing a great job out here!”



My hero, Charles Spurgeon, helps me to think biblically about persecution for righteousness sake: “To be laughed at is no great hardship to me. I can delight in scoffs and jeers. Caricatures, lampoons, and slanders are my glory. But that you should turn from your own mercy, this is my sorrow. Spit on me, but oh, repent! Laugh at me, but oh, believe in my Master! Make my body as the dirt of the streets, but damn not your own souls!” Wow! I am so not there yet. But I serve an awesome God!



Thank you for praying for this ministry. I’m at OWC every Tues. (11:30-1:00) & Wed.(8:15-9:30) Lord willing. Who will join me on the front lines next week? J

Allura

No comments: