Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Engage!

by Patte Smith on Monday, March 28, 2011 at 10:36am
Daniel 11:32

Be strong, yea, be strong;
take heart, pull up the spirits,
be of good courage, play the man;
be strong in the Lord, and in His grace,
and fear nothing .
~ John Gill

Sometimes it is absolutely amazing how the outright spiritual, looks so ordinary, for every thing has behind it one of two fathers, fights from the place of one of two kingdoms, having one of two ends. Some watch movies and are awed by the special effects. Christians are engaged in a far greater adventure and battle than fantasy could ever portray or conceive - yet it is veiled behind the ordinary. If we would but open the Word of God and allow Him to reveal to us the reality behind the veil, we would see we are indeed caught up in the most fantastic of lives, of Kingdoms, of battles, of futures, then we could ever imagine.
Be in the Word and having eyes, now see!

And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, and said, "LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 
~ 2 Kings 6:15-17

And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. And He said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly loved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you.” And when He had spoken this Word to me, I stood up trembling. Then He said to me, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.."
When He had spoken to me according to these words, I turned my face toward the ground and was mute. And behold, one in the likeness of the children of man touched my lips. Then I opened my mouth and spoke. I said to Him who stood before me, “O my Lord, by reason of the vision pains have come upon me, and I retain no strength. How can my Lord’s servant talk with my Lord? For now no strength remains in me, and no breath is left in me.”
Again one having the appearance of a man touched me and strengthened me. And He said, “O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.” And as He spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Let my Lord speak, for you have strengthened me.” 
Daniel 10:10-19

Read Genesis ch 1-3
Read ch 6 of Isaiah
Read Ezekiel Ch 1-3
Read Daniel 2, 7, 9-10
Read Revelation
And so so many more than these. . .

~ Inspired & edited from a post by Rich Monson

No comments: