Monday, August 04, 2008

Ministry Update, Saturday, Aug 2, 2008

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor ...
Ephesians 4:25


Sanctuary Ministries Update
Orlando Women's Center abortion clinic outreach
Saturday, August 2, 2008

13 year old Daniel Risler reporting:
Today at the Orlando Woman's Clinic there was about 15 to 20 woman there either to kill their baby or to "support" their friends having an abortion. We (my family and I) thought we would be the only sidewalk counselors today, but Mrs. Francile and her family and Mr. John came in too. Mr. Mark also came.

Mrs. Francile and I went to a car that pulled up and gave out information, but couldn't have a conversation since they spoke Spanish (why can't I speak Spanish yet?!?). Fortunately we had a couple of Spanish brochures with us.

As I stood by the entrance to the clinic, a car pulled in, and as I always do, I offered my pre-abortion pamphlets. There was a girl my age (13) who looked like she was having the abortion. She rolled down the window and was about to take my information from my hand when her mom (at the wheel) suddenly sped up, obviously not wanting her daughter to read what I had to offer. I had to run after the car, and succeeded to get the pamphlet to the girl, but I don't know whether she read it or not.

"Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My Word.
You are of your father the devil, & the desires of your father you want to do.
He was a murderer from the beginning & does not stand for the truth, because these is no truth in him."
John 8:43,44

We spoke to all the people going in. We read scripture to them (John 8:44) about how they were serving their father, the devil, who was a murderer from the beginning. We explained to all the people who had come for abortions that they were doing his (the devil, their father's) bidding by killing their little babies. One girl held her hands over her ears as my mom read the scripture. My mom told her she would help her and her baby, but she just ignored our pleas.

At one point we noticed a couple of women (probably bringing out their purses to the car, as they are not allowed to bring them inside) heading down the driveway towards the back parking lot. A clinic worker (arriving a little late to work) pulled in real fast and honked loudly at the two ladies as they walked down the driveway. The two women had to press themselves against the wall of the building so they wouldn't get hit as the car with the irritated worker inside zoomed past! My mother said to the ladies, "Well, they're the people that 'care' for you and are going to assist with your abortion! You're putting your trust in them?" I think that was a good illustration of how the women are in a dangerous place and shouldn't be there.

At one point, as my dad was speaking to all of the people waiting in line at the front door. One large man (dangerous looking to say the least; he also looked to me like he had drank one too many) who was with his girlfriend in the line, sat down on one of the chairs in the front porch of the clinic. My dad told him, "Come on, sir, does it take any bravery to kill, to murder, a tiny, one-inch-long infant?! You are being a coward today, because you won't stand up for what's right, you're just gonna do what is most convenient to you." The man stood right up, and started to stride resolutely toward my dad, cussing and swearing the whole way. He came face to face with my dad and was just about to give him one or two pieces of his mind (and fist) when my mom yelled out to him, "You're on camera!" He froze in his tracks, turned and saw my mom taking pictures of him with her iPhone. That made him go into another outburst of cussing. He eventually finished up with yelling, "F...... you, f....... you, f....... you, f....... you," pointing to everyone present, even at me and my 11 year old brother, Joseph. He settled down, but still looked indignant. (He is the one in the black shirt heading towards my dad in the photo up top.)

We left at about 9:45 AM when he started yelling again. I think my mom was pretty done with that guy! Mr Mark was there at that point with his big ultrasound truck, so we felt good about leaving.

Sincerely,
Daniel

No comments: