Sunday, September 18, 2011

Are you willing to leave the 99 with Jesus, to save the wandering sheep?



My sheep hear My voice,
and I know them,
and they follow Me.
~ Jesus, the Good Shepherd
Matthew 10:27

To acquire soul-winning power, you will have to go through fire and water, through doubt and despair, through mental torment and soul distress. You must go into the fire if you are to pull others out of it, and you will have to dive into the floods if you are to draw others out of the water. 
~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon


Jesus taught His followers never to think of settling down in the pews as the obedient, abundant Christian life. The Master's Words still ring true today. The Savior is asking you: “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?" (Matthew 18:12)

When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice...I am the good Shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me. ...I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to My voice, and there shall be one Flock and one Shepherd.
~ Jesus
John 10:4, 14, 16




I was a wandering sheep,
I did not love the fold.
I did not love my Shepherd's voice,
I would not be controlled.

I was a wayward child,
I did not love my home.
I did not love the Father's Word,
I loved afar to roam.

The Shepherd sought His sheep,
The Father sought His child.
They followed me over vale and hill,
Over deserts waste and wild.

They found me near to death,
famished and faint and lone.
They bound me with the bands of love,
They saved the wandering one.

Jesus is my Shepherd,
It was He that loved my soul.
It was He that washed me in His blood,
It was He that made me whole.

It was He that sought the lost,
That found the wandering sheep.
It was He that brought me to the fold,
It is He that still does keep.

I was a wandering sheep,
I would not be controlled.
But now I love my Shepherd's voice,
I love, I love the fold.

I was a wayward child,
I once preferred to roam.
But now I love my Father's voice,
I love, I love His home.

I Was A Wandering Sheep
by Horatius Bonar

No comments: