Thursday, November 04, 2010

Holy Biblical Counseling Script to an Abortion-bound woman


Friends,
Today I received a copy of a precious counseling e mail written by one of our Sanctuary counselors to an abortion-minded mother. I tweaked it a bit so that you would all see and 'hear' how you too can speak biblically, lovingly, compassionately, truthfully to a woman who is considering killing her baby by abortion.

God bless you as you commit your life to give glory to Christ and to love and do good to your neighbors.

Patte Smith
Sanctuary Ministries



i want to speak with you today regarding the precious gift God is knitting together in your womb. Listen to the words of the psalmist as he cries out to God in prayer saying: "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You,  when I was made in secret..Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days were fashioned for me,  when as yet there were none of them." (Ps 139:13-16) Even though you may not think the timing of your pregnancy is right, God is the One who has opened your womb. He has created your baby in His image and likeness. Did you know that God knows us even BEFORE He forms us in the womb? It's true! In  Jeremiah 1:5 the Lord speaks these words: "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you". Isn't that amazing? This means that before your father's sperm penetrated your mother's egg, God knew you. And He knew your infant as well. God has said that our children are a gift, a reward, a blessing and an inheritance from Him. I know that it might not 'feel' like it, but feelings can be deceiving. The Bible makes it abundantly clear that it is always a blessing to be pregnant.

I understand you are experiencing fears in your pregnancy and are even having some morning sickness.  I myself have had two precious daughters and understand what feeling sick is like, but that is not an excuse to take the life of your little one. America has made it legal to murder infants in the womb but God has never made it legal. In fact, He has a Law that overrides all other Laws. It's called the Ten Commandments. One of them is "You shall not murder". Abortion is a violent act against your innocent baby and an awful offense to God.  It is a sin.  Realize that suppressing the truth in unrighteousness is what you are doing right now.  Your conscience tells you this is wrong.  You may desire to have support to take the life of your child, but, it would be wrong of me or anyone else to help you do something that is so very, very wrong.  You may be hoping that we would make you feel comforted with the decision you are making. We cannot do that. We are Christians. We know that your baby is a human being. He or she is a person. You know that causing harm to your baby cruel. It is wrong.  You may want to pacify your conscience, but I wouldn't be helping you if I did that. Because I love God and I love you and your baby. I must be honest with you and speak the truth in love.

There is hope for you and for your infant. You can choose not to sin against God and this sweet baby boy or girl.  You can choose to do what is right.  Jesus said to "repent and believe the gospel." (Mark 1:15)  That is our hope.  We must forsake our sins and turn to Him in saving faith.  We must all turn from our lying, covetousness and from sexual sin. Did you know that God calls sex outside marriage 'fornication'? It is a serious sin. The Bible says that no fornicator has any inheritance in the kingdom of heaven. (I Cor 6:9, Eph 5:5) Did you know that God says in Revelation 21:8 that all murderers will be cast into hell at the judgment? I am under the same government of God as you are. I am a sinner, saved by grace. In His great mercy and love God showed me my own state. He used someone to speak to me as I am speaking to you. They helped me to see I was an enemy of God through my wicked works.  In many ways, I was like you. I didn't care what God said.  I wanted to rule my life and not have anyone else to rule over me.  I had to come to the truth about myself and you must as well. You must realize that unless you repent you will perish. (Luke 13:3) Repent is a biblical word. Let me explain what it means. To repent means to confess and forsake your sins, crying out to the Savior to forgive you and make you new.  Jesus Christ was the perfect sacrifice.  He lived a sinless life which we could never live.  He died on the Cross and rose again on the 3rd day as a payment for our sins. If you repent and put your trust in this great gospel message, He will be faithful to forgive you and to cleanse you from all iniquity. I plead with you not to murder your baby and to put away all thoughts of harming your little one. And I also plead with you, in Christ's Name, to stop living in direct disobedience to God.  He is loving and He is merciful.  He will forgive you if you repent and turn to Him.  Don't harden your heart. Today is the day of salvation.  Turn to people who truly care about you and your baby.  There is true, loving support for doing the right thing and blessings evermore if you run to Jesus Christ for His saving mercies.  There is only sorrow and great punishment for doing what is wrong and sinful. I am here for you and I know of many other godly women who would be there as well.

If you do not desire to raise this child whom God has given you, you may personally choose a loving adoptive family. Come and let's look at profiles of couples on the adoption waiting list together. www.parentprofiles.com Did you know that adoption is FREE for you, the biological mother? Not only that, but if you qualify you may receive financial assistance with your living expenses and your medical expenses during your pregnancy and for 6 weeks after your baby is born. Isn't that wonderful? It truly makes abortion indefensible, doesn't it? Let's look at www.birthmother.com together.

I have been sent by the Lord to help you. To love you. And, to love your baby.  With hope in God, I beseech you, look unto Christ & live.

Together for Life & Eternity,
Patte Smith
Sanctuary Ministries


No comments: