Thursday, November 04, 2010

I tell you the truth


 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on His right and the goats on His left.

Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you came to visit Me.’

Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see You a stranger and invite You in, or needing clothes and clothe You? When did we see You sick or in prison and go to visit You?’

The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.

Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite Me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after Me.’

They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help You?’

He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Over a MILLION little children in the visible church will suffer and die a violent death in America this year. How do we know? Because 88% of the sexually immoral and married women who walk into abortuaries identify themselves as 'Christian'. If we do not love these little ones who belong to Him enough to visit them in their affliction, will Jesus say that we neglected to visit Him in over 23,000 human beings a week? When Jesus divides the sheep and the goats, will you and your church friends be on His left or His right?

‎"And so in the Judgment Day, the inquiry will be made, not into our opinions or professions alone, but into our deeds, as proving the correctness of our faith and the sincerity of our professions." ~  George Washington Bethune 


‎"In that day when we stand before the judgment seat of Christ, the whole “edifice” of our earthly works will be tested by the fire of God. Some impressive superstructures will be reduced to rubble, because they are built only for show – not out of lasting material. Like sets on a movie lot, these “buildings” may be magnificent and appear genuine even on close inspection, but the fire will test them for what they are really made of, not for what they look like. All the wood, hay and stubble will be burned away." - John MacArthur

And my friends, the only difference between the sheep and the goats, according to the Lord's words in Matthew 25 is what they did, and did't do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exr3GK_8kbU

Together for Life & Eternity,
Patte Smith
Sanctuary Ministries

No comments: