Thursday, November 04, 2010

When is MERCY a poison?


Take heed of abusing the mercy of God. Suck not poison out of the sweet flower of God's mercy. Think not that because God is merciful, you may go on in sin; this is to make mercy your enemy. To sin because mercy abounds is the devil's logic. He that sins because of God's mercy, shall have judgement without mercy. Mercy abused turns to fury. 'If he bless himself, saying, I shall have peace though I walk after the imaginations of my heart, to add drunkenness to thirst, the Lord will not spare him, but the anger of the Lord, and His jealousy, shall smoke against that man.’ Deut 29: I9, 20.  'The mercy of the Lord is upon them that fear Him.’ Psa 103: I7. Mercy is not for them that sin and fear not, but for them that fear and sin not. God's mercy is a holy mercy; where it pardons it heals.

~ Thomas Watson

No comments: